The Redway School is an oversubscribed school within Milton Keynes and its surrounding areas including Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Oxfordshire. We currently have 172 pupils on roll aged between 2 – 19 and there is a great demand for places.
We cater predominantly for pupils with profound and complex needs, life limiting medical conditions, severe learning difficulties and those with autistic spectrum disorders. A unique feature of the school is the many pupils with complex medical conditions who attend on a daily basis.
All pupils have an EHC Plan or are in the process of being assessed for an EHC Plan.
Our distinctive features include:
- Our special atmosphere – that of the Redway family – to feel it you need to experience it – come for a visit!
- Our approach to a personalised and child centred learning for every individual pupil
- Our unique and vibrant provision for pupils with highly complex medical needs and life limiting conditions
- Our specialist provision for pupils with an autistic spectrum condition
- Our commitment to ensuring that pupil and staff well-being is always a priority
- Our constant re-evaluation and reflection to ensure that we deliver the best practice
- Our staff expertise with specialists in MSI, Communication, Intensive Interaction, ASC, PEC’s, Sensory Integration, Sherbourne Movement, Halliwick Swimming, Liquid Vibrations, TEACCH, Music Therapy, Art Therapy, and a wide range of holistic therapies
- Our Transdisciplinary team of therapists
- Our highly trained staff, whose strengths are embraced and utilised for the benefit of the pupils
- Our creative and holistic curriculum which embraces the requirements and needs of each individual
- Our flexibility and adaptability to the ever changing needs of our pupils
- Our commitment to outdoor learning and Forest Schools for all pupils, including those with complex needs
- Our partnership with parents and carers – we have an ‘open door approach’- which includes parents support groups, ‘stay and play sessions’ parents / carers workshops, coffee mornings, EHC Review meetings, Parents /Carers Consultation Evenings
- Our outreach service providing specialist training for mainstream schools in a wide range of medias – MSI, Signing, EarlyBird and Earlybird Plus, ASC, Team Teach, Play Therapy
- Our state of the art technology – we are at the forefront in using and embracing new technology
- Our links with local training schools in supporting their teaching programmes
- Our community work with local providers and companies, DHL, Tesco, ASDA, Urban Farm, McIntyre to name but a few
- Our highly specialist facilities
The list is endless - we are truly an ‘extra special ‘special’ school!’
Please open the PDF file below for our SEND 2018 document, which has responses to questions you might have together with photographs of our pupils enjoying some of the many activities we offer at The Redway School.