At The Redway School we are totally committed working in partnership with parents and carers. Together we work to ensure that the pupils receive the best possible education. Therefore we support and encourage informal meetings between teachers and parents / carers to enable them to talk and to discuss any problems. It is helpful, however, if this is done by prior mutual arrangement.
We encourage the active involvement of parents in a number of other ways, some of which include:
- The Annual Review Meetings which includes the development and review of Individual Education Plans.
- Daily home / school contact through the home / school books. This is a way of communication between home and school detailing what has been happening and how home and school may support each other.
- Through the weekly school newsletter issued on a Friday.
- Through telephone calls and home visits.
- The Parent Consultation Evenings held in the Autumn and Summer Terms, which give parents and carers the opportunity to meet with staff to discuss their child’s progress.
- Meeting at our Open Mornings held during the Autumn and Summer Terms.
- Through our home / school agreements.
- At our Coffee Mornings for parents and carers.
- By providing courses for parents.
- Through the weekly Friday Letter which gives information of events occurring in the school and supplies details of forthcoming events.
- By helping in school for certain class based activities and accompanying off site activities.
- Joining us for our special occasions during the school year.